- The Walkman cannot connect to or pair with a Bluetooth device.
- A Bluetooth connection cannot be established between the Walkman and speakers.
Check the items below before you start pairing
- Be sure to place the Bluetooth devices within 1 meter (3 ft.) of each other.
- Make sure that both devices have sufficient charge or power.
- Stop playback on a Walkman to avoid sudden loud sounds from the output Bluetooth device.
- Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Certain models might require certain specific steps. You can check this in the supplied instructions.
To pair and connect with a Bluetooth device, follow these steps below:
- Turn ON the Bluetooth device
- Set the Bluetooth device to the pairing mode: Most devices have a Bluetooth button or symbol that you can press to make it discoverable.
- Set the Walkman to the Device registration mode (pairing mode).
In the case of an Android Walkman: Set the Bluetooth function to ON. If the Bluetooth function is already set to ON, set it to OFF once and then set it back to ON again.
- When the name of the Bluetooth device appears on the screen of the Walkman, select the name.
If a passkey is required on the display of the Bluetooth device, enter 0000.
A passkey may be called Passcode, PIN code, PIN number or Password.
- When the Bluetooth connection is established, a message like Connection is completed will be displayed on the screen of the Walkman.
Additional Pairing information:
Once Bluetooth devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
- The Walkman is already paired with the upper limit of devices that can be paired and you want to pair another device.
- When the pairing information of the Walkman has been deleted from the Bluetooth connected device.
- If you execute the operation of Reset all settings or Restore to factory configuration, all pairing information of a Walkman is deleted.