NOTE: Supported file formats may be changed by update. To check the latest information, perform the procedure below.
For Android TV: Check the following FAQ
What file formats are supported by the Album, Music, and Video apps?
For recent models, compatibility info can easily be found in the Help Guide. Access the website below and check the Help Guide of your TV by following the steps below.
NOTE: The screen displays and options used in following steps is an example and may be different from the actual situation.
- Click the model name of your TV.
NOTE: For how to check the model name of your TV, refer to How to check the model name of your TV below.
- Click the Help Guide (sometimes called iManual) in the item of Manuals.
- After opening the Help Guide or iManual, click Using Other devices.
NOTE: If there is a search box on the Help Guide, search for "USB" and select Playback Photo / Music / Video via USB. The page of the supported formats will be found easily without the steps below.
- Click Playable file formats (DLNA, USB).
- Click Codec list.
- Look in the Extension column to find all compatible file types. Compatibility is for both USB and home network, unless indicated differently.
- In case no HTML version of the Help Guide is available but only an Instruction manual or Operation Manual in PDF, under Navigating through Home menu, look for Media → Playing back Photo/Music/Video via USB.
- 4K video resolutions are not supported via home network.
- Photo RAW files are only supported from USB input.
- Music LPCM files are only supported via home network.