A variation of the error message is The installed battery may not be properly connected or compatible.
IMPORTANT: Before beginning this procedure, use the Battery Care Function utility to check the condition of the battery . If the condition of the battery is listed as anything less than Good, the battery may need to be replaced.
- Turn off the computer and remove the battery.
- Make sure only the AC adapter is connected and turn on the computer.
- Press the Windows Logo + R key combination to access the Run command screen.
- In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and then press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Startup tab.
- On the Startup tab, click Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, click to select ISB Utility and then click the Disable button.
- Close all open windows, turn off the computer, reconnect the battery and then turn the computer back on.
If the issue is still not resolved, try the steps below:
- Open the File Explorer.
- In the File Explorer window, double-click the Local Disk (C:) drive.
- In the Local Disk (C:) window, double-click the Program Files(x86) folder.
- In the Program Files(x86) folder, double-click the Sony® folder.
- In the Sony folder, double-click the ISB Utility folder.
- Right click the ISBMgr file, and from the menu click to select Rename.
- Rename the file from ISBMgr to ISBMgr.old then press the Enter key.
- Restart the computer.