IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
NOTE for WF-1000XM3:
If the following symptoms occur during a hands-free call, updating the headphone software version 2.1.0 or later may solve the problem.
- It is hard for the other party to hear your voice when you whisper
- The other party hears unpleasant noise when there are loud or irregular background sounds (like a vehicle or train) in your area
Visit the model page on the Sony Support website and to use the Sony | Headphones Connect app to get the update.
For your reference, you can make a hands-free call using a smartphone or mobile phone that supports the Bluetooth profile HFP (Hands-free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile), via a Bluetooth connection.
If the issue is not resolved by updating the headphone software, or if your issue is something other than what is listed above, check the following:
- Make sure both the headphones and the connected device are on
- Turn up the volume of the connected device
- Disconnect then reconnect the Bluetooth device
- Select HFP or HSP for the profile. If your smartphone or mobile phone supports both HFP and HSP, set it to HFP
- When you receive a call while listening to music with the headphones, follow these steps according to your model.
- For WF-1000XM3
Stop the music playback, and then tap the touch sensor twice quickly on the left or right unit to answer the incoming call.
- For WF-H800 / WF-XB700
Stop the music playback, and then press the button on the left or right unit of the headset and receive the call.
- For WF-1000XM3