This article illustrates how to set up your TV for the first time:
- If a Touchpad remote (optional accessory) was supplied with your TV, an image of the remote will be displayed. Follow the visual instructions appearing on the screen to proceed.
- Then, select your preferred language on the Welcome screen. In this instance, ENGLISH.
- Next, choose your preferred network settings on the Select your Wi-Fi network screen. You can either select the wireless network you would like to connect to from the list of available options, or use a LAN cable for a wired connection.
- After choosing your network, an Enter password... screen will appear. Press the OK button on your remote while the text field is highlighted to activate the on-screen keyboard. Then, input the password for your network and press NEXT/ENTER or FINISH to proceed.
NOTE: You can also use a USB keyboard to input your password.
- On the Sign in to Google screen, you will have three options:
- USE YOUR PHONE OR LAPTOP
- USE YOUR PASSWORD
Select your preferred option.
NOTE: For easy Google sign-in, choose USE YOUR PASSWORD and fill in your details.
If you decide to use the option USE YOUR PHONE OR LAPTOP, your phone/laptop needs to be connected to the same network as your TV. This is the recommended option if you would like to hide your Google account and password from being displayed on your TV screen. After selecting USE YOUR PASSWORD, follow the on-screen instructions displayed on your TV.
NOTE: Please be aware that if you skip this section, you may need to sign in later to access certain Google apps and/or services on your Android TV.
The confirmation message, Your device is connected, will appear on your screen, indicating that the connection was successful.
Regardless of the sign-in option you choose, the next screen will display the message, Success, to show that you have signed into your Google account.
The next screen will display three options:
- VIEW TERMS OF SERVICE
Select CONTINUE to proceed with the TV setup.
On the Location screen, choose either YES or NO to whether third party apps have permission to use your device's location.
Select your country.
The next screen will display the Upload TV Usage agreement.
NOTE: Please be aware that to continue with the TV setup, you must scroll down to the bottom of the screen using the down arrow button and then select the option AGREE.
After this, you will be required to enter a 4-digit PIN code. Apart from 0000, any combination will be accepted. You will have to enter your new PIN twice: the first time to set your code and the second time to verify that it matches what you originally chose. A new screen, PIN code has been set, will confirm that your new PIN has been activated.
NOTE: Please remember your PIN and/or store it in a safe place.
Your PIN code will be required when you change the Parental Lock settings or when you temporarily unblock a blocked digital/satellite service.
You will now have the chance to tune your satellite receiver. Either START the process or SKIP to tune your TV at a later date.
A new screen, Select the broadcaster type to automatically search for services, will appear. Connect your TV cable before you choose the broadcast type for channel search, and choose one of the following:
- DIGITAL AND ANALOGUE
After choosing your broadcast type, you need to optimize your sound system. Specify how your TV is positioned and choose either TABLE-TOP STAND or WALL MOUNT.
Finally, decide whether you want to Enable Remote Start, a function that allows an external device to power on your device. Select either ON or OFF.
Your TV should now be ready. Select COMPLETE on the Setup completed! screen to continue to the home menu.
You will then be taken to the Android TV Home screen.
NOTE: You can also manually initiate the TV setup at any time by following these steps:
HOME > Settings > TV - Auto start-up > YES
TV - Auto start-up > YES
NOTE: The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, model, and firmware version.