Follow this procedure to uninstall a program.
NOTE: There is a separate procedure for uninstalling an application that has been obtained from the Windows Store and appears on the new Windows User Interface (UI) screen.
- Press the Windows Logo + X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click Control Panel.
NOTES: Because the Control Panel is a traditional Windows Desktop application, if you were not already there, the interface will change to the Desktop and the Control Panel window will open.
- In the Control Panel window, under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- In the Uninstall or change a program window, click to select the program to uninstall, and then in the menu bar, click Uninstall.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish uninstalling the application.
NOTE: If the program does not uninstall properly, reinstall the program, then try uninstalling it again.
- Close the Uninstall or change a program window.