There can be many reasons for not receiving a picture or signal on your TV. The most common are listed below.
IMPORTANT: For model-specific information, refer to the TV operations manual.
NOTE: A separate article is available if the TV does not display a picture and the LED light is blinking .
- Antenna or cable or source device may not be correctly connected to the TV.
- If using direct cable or an over-the-air antenna, the channel set up feature in the TV menu should be re-activated so that the TV can re-scan the active channels. This is also known as the auto program feature of a TV.
An automatic scan be performed on the television in order to add channels?
NOTE: Skip this step when using a cable box or satellite receiver
- The TV may be set to an input that does not have a device connected. Press the TV/VIDEO or INPUT button on the remote control to change the input to the right one.
- If using a satellite receiver, the TV should be in the base channel, which is Channel 3 or 4. Then, use the remote control of the satellite receiver to change the channel.
- The source device may be turned off or in a standby mode. Turn the device on.
- The channel being watched may not be live, or the media being played may be blank. Attempt to change the channel or try a different source or device.
- If a set-up box, direct cable, or over-the-air antenna is connected to the CABLE/ANTENNA input, the built-in tuner should be auto programmed again.
- If the built in tuner cannot be selected on the input selection or video input settings, a factory data reset will be necessary.
IMPORTANT: Built-in-tuner needs to be selected when setting up the TV service step on initial setup.
- The signal being received may be weak.
- If using an over-the-air antenna, make sure the coaxial cable connection is secure and don't use a signal splitter. The antenna may need to be adjusted to improve the signal quality.
- If using cable or satellite, make sure the connection to the back of the TV is secure. Then contact your service provider for further assistance in improving the signal strength.
- An optional distribution amplifier may help improve a weak signal. Visit your local electronics retailer for more information or to purchase a distribution amplifier.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.