Questions & Answers: 75
- How do I register a Sony product?Please click on the links below to register your product in your locale. Australia New Zealand Singapore Malaysia Indonesia Thailand (ไทย) Vietnam (Việt Nam) India Taiwan (台灣) South Korea (한국) Hong Kong Note: Online
- Sound lags from the sound Bar when connected to a source device via HDMIDepending on the sound source output from devices (Blu-ray Disc Player, set-top box (STB), game consoles), the sound may lag behind the picture. If this is the case, select the solution which corresponds to the
- Can I place anything on top of the subwoofer?Because by placing things on the subwoofer will produce vibrations, and you should avoid putting items on top of the Subwoofer. Any items placed on top of the Subwoofer may fall.
- Sound from the Subwoofer is too low.Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue: NOTE: The subwoofer is a speaker for playing bass sounds. Sound from the subwoofer may be hard to hear when the input source has less bass sound, such as TV broadcast
- How to operate the Home Theater System using the TV remote controlYou can operate the Home Theater System using TV remote control when connected via HDMI cable and with the Control for HDMI function enabled. The following operations can be used with the TV remote control: Power
- No sound from the Sound Bar connected to the TV via HDMI (ARC) when the Control for HDMI function is turned off.When the Control for HDMI function is turned off, sound may not be output from the Sound Bar depending on your TV model. If this is the case, follow these steps to turn on the Control for HDMI function: HT-X8500
- Cannot turn on the AAC codec function of the SoundbarIf the Bluetooth device connected to this device does not support AAC, the AAC codec function of this device cannot be turned on. Check whether or not your Bluetooth device supports AAC on its instruction manual
- My TV Displays a Different Volume Level When I Connect a SoundbarWhen you switch the TV's Speaker Output setting between the TV and Sound Bar, the volume will switch with it, so a different value will be shown. If you are using the TV in combination with the Sound Bar and switch
- How to troubleshoot when audio is heard from both the TV and Sound BarFollow these steps if the TV and Sound bar are connected with and HDMI cable and audio comes out of the TV's built-in speakers and the Sound Bar at the same time. On your Sound bar, make sure the Control for HDMI
- How to play Dolby Atmos format audio using a Multi Channel AV receiver or Sound BarRefer to the appropriate procedure, depending on whether your TV is compatible with HDMI (eARC): Connecting to a TV compatible with HDMI (eARC) Connecting to a TV not compatible with HDMI (eARC) NOTE: The input
- Opening hours of Sony Service Center will be changed temporarily due to COVID-19 situation (Update 3/9/2021)
- Please be informed that Sony Authorized Service Center Udornthani and Korat to be closed from 1st March 2021.
- Please be informed that Sony Authorized Service Center Chonburi and Khon Kaen to be closed from 1st May 2020
- Notice for certain Sony Blu-ray & DVD Players, Home Theater Systems, and A/V Receivers: Temporarily Disabled Internet Services