About this download
As announced on 30th April 2007, Sony has discovered the following symptom with regards to Picture Package Version.1.8, the bundled software with certain DVD Camcorders launched in 2005 and 2006.
When a customer tries to shut down the personal computer with certain Operating Systems installed with Picture Package Version.1.8, it restarts unexpectedly and the customer cannot shut down the personal computer.
This symptom is due to some recently released application software, which causes incompatibility with “Sony DVD Handycam USB driver 2”, a USB driver component of Picture Package Version.1.8. Any other symptoms with regards to Picture Package Version.1.8 have not been reported to Sony at this moment.
To address this symptom, Sony has released the update version of “Sony DVD Handycam USB Driver 2” which is available to you in the following procedure.
Applicable Operating Systems:
- Windows® XP Professional Edition
- Windows® XP Home Edition
Download size: 270KB
Updated on: 2007/05/24
- (Asia Pacific) USB driver update for Picture Package Version.1.8 for DVD Camcorder
- Windows XP
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- For customers who removed “Sony DVD Handycam USB Driver 2” in accordance with the temporally measure explained in the April 30, 2007 announcement.
Please reinstall Picture Package Ver. 1.8, bundled software with DVD “Handycam” camcorder prior to the update (“Sony DVD Handycam USB Driver 2” will be installed automatically.). Then, please proceed with the download and the update procedure above.
- Save the download file dd_update0705a.exe to the desktop of your computer.
- Log on as a user with administrative privilege.
- Double-click the dd_update0705a.exe.
- When the message “The driver file will be replaced with a new version.” appears on the computer screen, click OK.
- When the message “The replacement of the file is completed.” appears, the update is completed.
- Restart your computer.