About this download
For owners of Walkman S series, we offer NWZ-S543/S544/S545 firmware update program to the latest version 1.01 for both fixing symptoms and additional functions.
Please read carefully the following instructions.
The firmware version of NWZ-S543/S544/S545 should be 1.00.
With the above products, customers may experience the following symptoms. The symptoms will be fixed with this firmware update.
- You may not be able to play back the WALKMAN under the following conditions:
- When the WALKMAN is connected to NAS-SC500PK or CMT-LX50WMR and its function is set to WM-PORT.
- When the BCR-NWU5 is disconnected from the PC under the WALKMAN is connected to BCR-NWU5 with the PC.
By updating the firmware, you can experience new features:
- The products can be used by computers being installed OS of Windows 7.
* The applied edition of the OS is Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate.
* The software, Content Transfer Ver.1.2, supplied with the products is not compatible with Windows 7. In case of using the target products by Windows 7, .
How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version
Please confirm the Model and the Firmware version from the steps below.
- Press and hold the BACK / HOME button until the Home menu appears.
- Press / / / button to select Settings, and then press button.
- Press / / / button to select Common Settings, and then press button.
- Press / / / button to select Unit Information, and then press button.
Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
NWZ-S543/S544/S545 Firmware Update
Download size: 9,339 KB
Updated on: 9th December 2009
- Firmware Version 1.01 Update
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Target Operating System
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
(Supported 64 bit version OS for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.)
|CPU:||Windows 7: Pentium lll 1GHz or higher|
|Windows Vista: Pentium lll 800MHz or higher|
|Windows XP: Pentium lll 450MHz or higher|
|Memory:||Windows 7: 1GB or more (32 bit version OS) / 2GB or more (64 bit version OS)|
|Windows Vista: 512MB or more|
|Windows XP: 256MB or more|
|Display:||800 x 600 dots or better (1024 x 768 dots or better is recommended)|
|Display Color:||High Color (16bit) or higher|
- When downloading the program and updating the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator.
- When working with Windows 7 and Windows Vista, a dialog box controlled by the user account may be displayed. Click Continue to proceed, and follow the announcements.
Please follow the steps below to download the program.
- Set up a folder named as FWUP in C drive of the computer for storing the downloaded file on the hard drive.
- Download the following file to the folder set in Step1.
- After the download is completed, select Views-Details in the Explorer to check the selected file size. If the size is not the same as the file size showing as shown above, try downloading the file again.
Once the download is finished, follow the steps below to update the program.
* When updating, the unit is needed to have a free space about 50MB.
Also, please transfer all tracks and data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the tracks and data may be lost when updating as they are remained on the unit.
We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
- Connect the unit to the PC.
- Quit all software running on Windows
In case that the Content Transfer starts automatically, close the Content Transfer.
- Windows Vista users: Click Start button on the task bar of the computer, and click on Run... followed by All Programs-Accessory.
Windows XP users: Click Start button on the task bar of the computer and click on
The Run... dialog box will be opened.
- Input C:\FWUP\NWZ-S540_V1_01.exe in the Open text box and click OK.
The program will be started.
- Follow the message.
* Please do not disconnect the unit from the PC during updating.
* During updating, USB connection is automatically controlled and “Connecting USB” indication is off with the control. Also, the USB disconnect message may appear on some computers.
- When the message of completing updating is displayed, click Finish button.
Troubleshooting Firmware Errors
- Symptom: In case the PC shows “The update data file cannot be transferred because there is not enough available disk space in the device.”
Solution: Delete some songs in the unit, or transfer to PC to available disk space more than 50MB. Then, start to update, again.
- Symptom: In case the PC shows “The software update of the NWZ-S543 (or NWZ-S544, NWZ-S545) device to version 1.01 timed out.”
Solution: The update may have failed. Click Finish. Follow the Update procedure and retry to update.
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully. The update program installation is succeeded when firmware version 1.01 is shown on the screen.