About this download
Sony Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 for Windows Media Player software can playback compressed voice files (dvf/msv files) that were recorded by Sony IC Recorder on Windows Media Player (Version 6.4 or higher).
Modification from previous version
- The Software "Sony Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 for Windows Media Player" supports ICD-SX750/SX850/SX950.
- It has been confirmed that the software "Sony Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 for Windows Media Player" can be used on Windows 7.
The following are the minimum requirements to use the software.
- Compatible Microsoft Operating System (Pre-Installed):
- Windows 7®
(Ultimate/ Professional / Home Premium / Home Basic / Starter)
- Windows Vista® (32bit version/64bit version) (Service Pack 1 or higher)
(Ultimate / Business / Home Premium / Home Basic)
- Windows® XP (32bit version) (Service Pack 3 or higher)
(Home Edition / Professional / Media Center Edition 2004 / Media Center Edition 2005)
- Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 or higher
*Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit edition is not supported.
- IBM PC/AT or compatible (This program is not compatible with Macintosh.)
- CPU: 266MHz Pentium® II processor or higher (For Windows 7 - Pentium lll 1GHz processor or higher, For Windows Vista - 800MHz Pentium III or higher)
- RAM: 128MB or more (For Windows 7 - 1GB (32bit version) / 2GB (64bit version) or more, For Windows Vista - 512MB or more)
- Hard disk space: 7MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files to be stored.
- Sound Board: Sound boards compatible with any of the supported Operating Systems:
- Display: High color (16 bit) or more and 800 x 480 pixels or more
- Windows Media Player: Ver.6.4 or higher (The computer must meet the requirements for Windows Media Player)
Note: This software is not supported in the following environment.
- Operating System other than the ones indicated above.
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system.
- Multi-boot environment.
- Multi-monitor environment.
Sony Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 for Windows Media Player (English)
File Name: PlayerPlugin2Setup_EN.EXE
File size: 5.94 MB (6,085 KB)
Updated on: 23 September 2009
Sony Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 for Windows Media Player (Simplified Chinese)
File Name: PlayerPlugin2Setup_CN.EXE
File size: 5.93 MB (6,079 KB)
Updated on: 23 September 2009
- Sony Player Plug-in Version 2.1.02 (Simplified Chinese)
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Prior to the download, close all programs that are currently opened.
- Create a new folder SonyTemp in the C: drive.
- Download the file PlayerPlugin2Setup_CN.EXE (6,079 KB) into the folder created in Step 2.
- After the download is completed, select Views > Details in the Explorer to check the file size.
If the file size is not the same as the file size shown above, download the file again.
- Close all the programs that are currently opened.
- Click Start and select Run.
In case of Windows 7 / Windows Vista, click All Programs – Accessories – Run to open the Run dialog box
- At the Run box, type C:\SonyTemp\PlayerPlugin2Setup_CN.EXE and click OK to begin the installation.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
- Restart the computer after completing the installation.
How to use
- Select the DVF or MSV file and double-click it.
- The Windows Media Player program opens and playback starts.
Note: The DVF or MSV files can also be opened from the Windows Media Player program itself.