About this download
What does this do?
This update is applicable for PRS-T3 to improve following function:
- Store‘s enhanced network services are supported
What products and operating systems does this apply to?
Reader Models: PRS-T3
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bit)
- Windows Vista Home Basic with Service Pack 2 or later
- Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2 or later
- Windows Vista Business with Service Pack 2 or later
- Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit only)
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3 or later
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 & 2005 with Service Pack 3 or later
- 124.35 MB
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- The software update process takes about 6 to 8 minutes.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions:
WARNING!! The Reader must be fully charged before installing this update. Failure to fully charge the Reader before installing the firmware update may cause the Reader to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
Note: Please confirm your model is PRS-T3 again before download begins.
- Download the PRS-T3_Updater_1.0.01.08090.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
Note: Please check if the file has been downloaded correctly without any damage.
Method: Right-click your mouse after placing the mouse cursor over the file, and then click 'Properties' in the menu. Click the "digital signature" tag and check if the name of signer shows correctly "Sony Corporation".
- Connect the Reader to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- Wait until the [USB connected] screen is displayed on the Reader, and then tap [Yes].
- If the Reader for PC software starts, close Reader for PC before continuing.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PRS-T3_Updater_1.0.01.08090.exe file to begin the installation.
WARNING!! : Do not disconnect the Reader during the update process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
NOTE: The Reader will automatically restart during the update process.
- After the software update is complete, an "Update Completed" message is displayed.
- Click the "X" to close the update utility.
After the Reader restarts, and the Reader displays an update complete message, the installation of the Reader Update is complete.
Alternate Installation Method Instructions:
- Within the Reader for PC software, click the "Help" menu command.
- At the "Help" menu, click "Check for Updates".
- Click OK to download the update.
Possible Errors during Update:
- ERROR: "Please first quit Reader for PC and try again." is displayed.
RESOLUTION: Close Reader for PC, close PRS-T3 Updater by X button, and restart PRS-T3_Updater_1.1.00.11250_a.exe.
- ERROR: “Update isn’t complete. Please try again” is displayed.
RESOLUTION: Close PRS-T3 Updater by X button, and disconnect the USB cable from PRS-T3, and do Installation Instructions again.
- ERROR: Update button of PRS-T3 Updater is not enabled even if PRS-T3 is connected to the computer.
RESOLUTION: Close PRS-T3 Updater by X button, disconnect the USB cable from PRS-T3 and press reset button of PRS-T3. Restart PRS-T3 by Power button and do Installation Instructions again.
Installation Verification (optional):
- On the Reader, press the "Home" button.
- At the "Home" screen, tap " Applications ",and then tap "Settings".
- At the "Settings" screen, tap "About", and then tap "Device Information".
- At the "Device Information" screen, Version "1.1.00.11250" should be displayed.
NOTE: If the version is not 1.1.00.11250, please re-download the update, and then perform the software update again.