About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Resolves the issue that VAIO care may not start
The latest version of this update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
- 9,482,832 byte
Before you upgrade
- Sometimes the message "Windows needs your permission to continue" may appear in the User Account Control dialogue box. In this case, click [Continue] to proceed, and follow the instructions.
Step 1: Install the update
Make sure to log in as an Administrator on your computer
- Download EP0000******.exe file and save it in a folder on your computer.
- Go to the folder where the file has been downloaded.
- Double-tap (or double-click) EP0000******.exe.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer when installation is complete.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
After the update, please confirm the new version has been installed successfully.
Go to C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\VAIO Care\Version.txt
If the version is shown as "184.108.40.20670", the upgrade was successful.