- The Google Cast function works only when casting a video from an app such as YouTube on an Android TV. For details, refer to https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/apps.html
- The Google Cast-enabled app of the Android TV and the mobile device must be running the latest version.
- The Google Cast function works if the Android device has the Android 2.3 version or later, and iOS 7.0 version or later for an Apple iOS mobile device.
- Casting from the Google Chrome Internet browser on a mobile device is not supported.
Follow the steps below when casting photos, videos, games, or websites from a Google Cast-enabled app or an Apple iOS mobile device to the Android TV.
- The Android TV and the mobile device must be connected to the same network.
- Launch the Google Cast-enabled app on the mobile device.
- On the app screen, tap the Google Cast icon.
- Select the Android TV model.
- Tap Play to start playback.
- After tapping Play, the video from the app will now start playing on the TV screen.
- The Google Cast-enabled app shown in this example of the step 4 is the Youtube app.