Note: Please download the latest version from the website before continuing.
- After Smart Remote Control started, a message which tells it is ready to connect to Smartphone appears. What should I do next?
Start PlayMemories Mobile on your Smartphone, then select the camera to be connected. When you connect the camera for the first time, a password displayed on the camera is necessary.
- Do I need to install the application to the Smartphone?
Yes, the latest version of "PlayMemories Mobile" (Android / iOS) is needed. They can be downloaded respectively from Google Play / App Store (free of charge).
- Does PlayMemories Mobile operate on iOS?
Yes, it does. Get the application from "App Store" (free of charge).
- I cannot connect the camera using PlayMemories Mobile.
Update PlayMemories Mobile to the latest version.
- Can I record images using the camera?
Yes, you can. However, the camera response will be slower than when Smart Remote Control is not active.
- Is the image taken with Smart Remote Control stored on the camera?
Yes, the original image remains on the camera.
- Why are the Images recorded with the remote control not saved on the smartphone?
The recorded still images will be saved on the smartphone by setting the Review setting to Review, Save Image
- What is the image size of the data transferred to the Smartphone?
Approx. 2M pixels; 1616 x 1080 for 3:2 images, 1920 x 1080 for 16:9 images.
- Can I select the size of the images transferred to the Smartphone?
No, you cannot. The size is fixed to 1616 x 1080 for 3:2 images, and 1920 x 1080 for 16:9 images.
- Why is it the size of the images saved on the smartphone smaller than the size set by the camera when recording with the remote control?
When recording with the remote control, the size of the images saved on the smartphone is approximately 2M regardless of the size set by the camera.
- Are the videos recorded with the remote control saved on the smartphone?
No, The videos recorded with the remote control are only saved on the camera, and not on the smartphone.
The MP4 videos can be sent and saved on the smartphone by performing Send to Smartphone afterward.
- Why am I unable to set the exposure compensation?
The available setting items are different depending on the shooting modes of the camera.
If you use an NEX-5R or NEX-6, the exposure compensation setting is available with P, A, and S modes, but not with Auto and M modes.
- Why is the Open button not displayed on the review screen of the recorded image?
The Open button will be displayed by setting the Review setting to Review, Save Image.
- Why is the Live View image not smoothly displayed on the smartphone, with some frames dropped?
The Live View image displayed on the smartphone may not be smooth, affected by radio wave environment and performance of the smartphone.
- The Live View image is not smoothly displayed on Xperia, with some frames dropped.
On some models, the Live View image on the remote control screen may not be displayed smoothly.
- Why is the Live View image displayed on the smartphone slightly delayed?
Since it is operated with the remote control, the Live View image displayed on the smartphone is delayed to some extent.
- The message "Could not obtain image." appears, and the Live View image is not displayed.
Close the application and establish the Wi-Fi connection again.
- When it takes a long time (approx. 30 seconds) to finish shooting a still image (such as in long-exposure shooting or noise-reduction process), the camera cannot be controlled from the smartphone after shooting.
Establish the Wi-Fi connection again.
- Why is the Wi-Fi connection suddenly disconnected and the Live View image disappears?
It may happen due to Wi-Fi condition.
Establish the Wi-Fi connection again.
- Why is the message "Error Check connected device" is displayed on the screen of the smartphone when using the remote control?
Check if the recording media (memory card) is installed in the camera. This message appears when it is not installed.