About this download
This program upgrades the existing firmware to Version 3.0.0.C171F.
New Features added:
- Clock will be displayed on the display after Power Off but with AC adapter Power On.
- The backlight stays on for a longer time before it fades slowly.
- If the power switch is moved to the HOLD position, the display will switch off immediately.
- The time it takes for the display to switch off automatically when the player is not being operated has been shortened from 3 minutes to 1 minute.
- The brightness of the backlight can now be adjusted by changing the Backlight Brightness setting.
- The time between powering on and initializing the play function has been shortened.
- MP3 files can now be transferred directly and played without converting them to ATRAC format. (File transfer requires SonicStage Version 2.3 or later or VAIO music transfer Version 1.2 or later.
- Gapless playback is now available. Multi-track playback will be free from gaps between tracks.
- The Shuffle Mode and Repeat Mode buttons on the advanced control column is displayed during playback have been integrated into one button.
- Album will be continuous play while playing in Album/Group list.
- Next Album will be played automatically in Album/Group list.
- Next Album will be played automatically in shuffle mode at the end of album.
- One track playback mode has been added.
- A long press on the fast forward and rewind button will move the current track location at high speed.
- Optional skin has been added.
- Able to view lyrics set in SonicStage. (Only Text, JPEG data or ATRAC music file.)
- While the navigation bar is displayed, the list display is shifted to the right to avoid obstructing the navigation bar.
- Jacket search is easier to view by auto magnifying.
- Rapidly scrolling through a list is now available.
- A long press on the Page Scroll button on the navigation bar will increase the scroll speed incrementally.
- Two lines list for more data view of tracks is available.
- The total number of tracks for any artist or album can now be displayed.
- The Setting menu has been changed.
- Sleep Timer function and Beep function can work at the same time.
- A Demo mode is implemented after no input for 45 seconds.
- My Play List has been moved from the Setting menu to the Main menu.
4. Remote Control:
- A long press on the Enter key will add the current track to My Play List.
- Pressing the Up key will cycle through the Shuffle and Repeat modes.
- Pressing the Down key will cycle through the equalizer settings.
- A long press on the Back key will return to the playback screen.
- Track name disappears after about 10 seconds of playback and the clock will be displayed on its LCD screen.
- A long press on the Play/Stop button will switch off the device.
- Cyclic list will be displayed by pressing on the Enter button for a short while.
Note: In order to transfer music from the computer to VAIO pocket (VGF-AP1), SonicStage and VAIO music transfer must be installed.
VGF-AP1 Firmware Upgrade
File name: VGF_AP1_Firmware_Upgrade.exe
File size: 4.77 MB (5,011,432 bytes)
- Installation of VGF-AP1 Firmware Version 3.0 Upgrade
- Windows 2000
- Windows 98 (SE)
- Windows ME
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including the PC Cards (except for Sony PCMCIA CD-ROM drive and Floppy Disk Drive).
Note: Ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Do not run any program or restart the computer during the entire installation process, unless instructed to do so.
Additional Information: To enable transferring of music tracks to VAIO pocket, please also upgrade the following programs from VAIO Downloads..
- SonicStage Version 2.3 and
- VAIO music transfer 1.2
1. Connect VGF-AP1 onto the cradle with AC adapter Power On and connect USB from the cradle to the computer.
2. Copy suds.bin and VAIO_Skin folder to the root directory of VGF-AP1.
3. After finished copying the files, disconnect the USB cable.
4. Go to Main Menu and press Firmware Update.
5. Check the Update version whether is it 3.0.0.C171F, press Update and press OK when finished.
(Note: Do not detach VGF-AP1 from cradle while updating the firmware and Do not unplug the AC Adapter.)
6. Follow the on-screen instruction and after updating, Sensitivity Setting and Clock Setting had to be reconfigured.