- To install Intel Wireless Lan driver
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs
Please note that when installing either of the Windows XP versions, users may no longer have access to some preinstalled software or will not be able to use some of preinstalled functions.
Below are the functions that are confirmed to be unusable once users downgrade to Windows XP on VGN-BZ1 Series:
1. Fn+F9/Fn+F10 hotkey can not be used.
1. Download Microsoft MSXML 6.0 and Windows Installer 3.14 basic following URL:
2. Install these 2 hotfix on the unit.
3. Download the Wireless-Intel.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
4. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the Wireless-Intel.EXE file to begin the installation.
5. Follow the installation wizard that appears.
6. At the License Agreement dialog, read the agreement. Click I Agree to continue with the installation.
NOTE: Several setup boxes may briefly appear during the installation. Follow the installation wizard that appears.
7. When the installation finishes, please restart the computer if needed.