About this download
This program will update Pointing Driver (Synaptics) to version 126.96.36.199 and will resolve the following symptoms:
- Finger Scrolling does not work after sleep until the Enter key is pressed.
- Touchpad tap area is not correct.
- Vertical Scrolling is not working when Chiral Scrolling is disabled.
Pointing Driver (Synaptics) Update version 188.8.131.52
File name: EP0000300260.exe
File size: 50.2 MB (52,649,984 bytes)
- Pointing Driver (Synaptics) Update version 184.108.40.206
- Windows 8 64bit
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000300260.exe.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
Current driver must be uninstalled prior updating to this patch.
To check if installation is successful:
1. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\SynTP.sys
2. Version should indicate 220.127.116.11.