- To install Intel Wireless LAN driver
- Windows XP
MPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs
Please note that when installing either of the Windows XP versions, users may no longer have access to some preinstalled software or will not be able to use some of preinstalled functions. Below are the functions that are confirmed to be unusable once users downgrade to Windows XP on VGN-SR2 Series:
1. Audio output such as built-in Speaker/Headphone or HDMI can not be automatically switched when plugging and unplugging HDMI.
2. Plug and Display function does not work.
3. Fn+F9/F10 (Zoom in/Zoom out) function key can not be worked.
4. Sounds is not outputted when playback DVD title which is used Dolby Digital Sounds by Windows Media Player.
5. Hard disk Drive protection function can not be used.
6. Do not support Blu-ray drive function.
7. Sometimes the error message "System file cannot be updated" appears when installing TPM Professional Package.
8. Some contents in Bluetooth Utility help file are not correct.
9. There is no manual of how to use XP.
Please double check whether the current wireless device is Intel Wireless LAN? If it is please download and install this driver, if it is Atheros Wireless LAN device you can skip this driver.
1. Execute Wireless-Intel.EXE.
2. Follow the installation wizard that appears.
3. At the License Agreement dialog, read the agreement. Click I Agree to continue with the installation.
NOTE:Several setup boxes may briefly appear during the installation. Follow the installation wizard that appears.
4. When the installation finishes, please restart the computer if needed.