About this download
This program will upgrade bluetooth driver to Version 126.96.36.19900 and resolve the following symptom:
1. Internet Explorer stops responding sometimes when browsing a web site containing certain Flash (Shockwave) contents.
Bluetooth driver uprade Program Version 188.8.131.5200
File name: EP0000166578.exe
File size: 53.3 MB (55,956,056 bytes)
- To install Bluetooth driver uprade Program Version 184.108.40.20600
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Connect the AC adapter and switch on the Bluetooth Module.
2. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
3. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000166578.exe.
4. The installation will take a few minutes and after installation is completed the system will auto restart at once.
NOTE: Please do not turn off the computer while the update is still on progress. The system will automatically restart once the update is done.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Open Registry Editor.
2. Check the key value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\Install\Version.
3. If the update is successful, the key value should be 220.127.116.1100.