About this download
This utility installs a USB driver to connect the Handycam to a computer for transferring files via
- USB Mass Storage (used to transfer the data in the Memory Stick)
- USB Streaming (used to transfer the data in the tape)
Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows® Millennium Edition
- Windows® 2000 Professional
- Windows® XP Home Edition
- Windows® XP Professional
Download size: 1.52MB
- USB Driver for Windows Operating System
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
Download and Installation Instructions for USB Driver
* Please ensure that the Handycam is NOT connected to the computer.
To download and install the USB driver, please follow the steps below:
1. Click the Download button to download the USBDRVEN.EXE file to a temporary or download directory.
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the USBDRVEN.EXE file to begin the installation.
3. Open the Sony_usb folder that was created in the same directory to which the USBDRVEN.EXE file was downloaded. Double-click the Setup.exe file.
4. At the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Sony USB Driver screen, click the Next button.
5. At the Information screen, click the Next button. Please wait for awhile as the files are installed.
6. At the InstallShield Wizard Complete screen, verify that Yes, I want to restart my computer now. is selected and click the Finish button. After the computer restarts, the installation of the Sony® USB Driver is completed.
Connect the Handycam to the computer
- After the computer is restarted, connect the Handycam to the computer properly with the supplied USB cable. (Make sure the Handycam is turned on and the Memory Stick is in the Handycam.)
- The computer recognizes the hardware, and a message to add the hardware appears. Please follow the instruction on the screen.