About this download
This upgrade program will resolve the following symptoms:
1. The desktop display may get corrupted.
2. The refreshing rates cannot be changed in simultaneous mode.
3. The screen display may flash at times.
4. DVD/MPEG2 playback is not smooth with DXVA enabled.
Video Driver Upgrade
File name: Video_3879d.exe
File size: 5.41 MB (5,673,664 bytes)
- Video Driver Version 220.127.116.1179d
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards, except for the docking station.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory. Double-click Video_3879d.exe and the files will be extracted to the following location: C:\Update\INDVID-00770903. (Please note this directory for reference later)
2. Click Start, right-click My Computer and click Properties.
3. Click the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
4. Double-click Display adapters and double-click Intel® 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller.
5. Click the Driver tab and click Update Driver.
6. Select the No, not this time option and click Next.
7. Select the Install from a list of specific location(Advanced) option and click Next.
8. Select the Don't search, I will choose the driver to install option and click Next.
9. Click Have Disk, browse to the extracted folder and click OK.
10. Select the ialmnt5.INF file, click OK and click Next.
11. When the installation is completed, click Finish and click Yes to restart the computer.