About this download
This program upgrades the existing VAIO Edit Components module to Version 4.2. Please refer to the information below before proceeding with the installation.
1. The patch upgrade program is only applicable to Windows® XP , DVgate Ver.2.5.02 or later and DVgate Plus.
2. The patch upgrade program is only applicable to models with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0 or Adobe Premiere Standard and cannot be used with other versions.
3. Please visit the Adobe web site for system requirements regarding the installation of Adobe Premiere Pro.
1. Adobe Premiere Pro requires DirectX9.0b which will available upon installing VAIO Edit Components 4.2.
2. Adobe Premiere Pro should be installed before the installation of VAIO Edit Components Version 4.2.
3. Traditional Chinese Language users are required to switch to English Language in the Regional and Language Operations prior to this update.
4. DVgate Version 2.5.02 or above and Click to DVD Version 1.4 or above should be used when DVgate or Click to DVD is used in conjunction with exported movie files by VAIO Edit Components.
5. DVgate or DVgate Plus is recommended for importing movies from the DV camera.
VAIO Edit Components 4.2
File name: vec4_2.exe
File size: 7.95 MB (8,343,552 bytes)
- Installation of VAIO Edit Components 4.2
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards (except for Sony PCMCIA CD-ROM drive and Floppy Disk Drive).
Note: Ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Do not run any program or restart the computer unless instructed to do so, during the entire installation process.
Overview of the Installation Process
1 -> Back up data
2 -> Download the VAIO Edit Components 4.2 software
3 -> Unzip all the files into one folder.
4 -> Follow the installation instructions and procedures
Additional Information: Please visit the VAIO online website periodically and select the relevant country for the most current information, drivers, and softwares.
For assistance on troubleshooting any errors, please contact your local Sony VAIO Helpdesk, or visit the VAIO online website.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later). Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the file to extract the files inside.
2. Double-click setup.exe.
3. Click Next to start the installation process.
4. Click Finish when the installation processn is completed.