About this download
This program will upgrade Sony Utilities DLL to Ver.6.4.0.06290 and the following symptom has been resolved.
1. Some monitors cannot be used via the VGA port.
Sony Utilities DLL update program Ver.6.4
File name: SOASNU-00840002-UN.exe
File size: 2.00 MB (2,097,424 bytes)
- To install Sony Utility DLL update program Ver.6.4
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click SOASNU-00840002-UN.exe.
3. Uninstall the old components in the installation wizard first and then restart the computer.
4. After the restart, double-click SOASNU-00840002-UN.exe again and follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
5. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
Note: Please also check if there are relevant updates of BIOS and VAIO Event Service. If yes, please proceed to upgrade.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Go to Window Explorer, locate the Version.txt file in C:\Program Files\Common files\Sony Shared\Sony Utility.
2. If the installation is successful, 6.4.0.06290 will be displayed.